An oscilloscope is a valuable tool for technicians and engineers, providing an instant readout of the electrical signals that are being sent through various circuits. Oscilloscopes can be found in both professional and home settings, with prices starting under $50.
|Universal Oscilloscope Probe with Accessories Kit...||$23.99||Buy on Amazon|
|AUKUYEE Updated 2.4" TFT Digital Oscilloscope Kit...||$46.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2 in 1 Handheld Oscilloscope Multimeter, New...||$87.99||Buy on Amazon|
Best Oscilloscope Under 500
If you’re in the market for a quality oscilloscope under 500, then you’ll want to check out our list of recommended models. Each one offers great performance and affordability, so there’s sure to be something on it that fits your needs.
1. Universal Oscilloscope Probe with Accessories Kit 100MHz Oscilloscope Clip Probes with BNC to Minigrabber Test Lead Kit
The Universal Oscilloscope Probe with Accessories Kit is designed to be used with oscilloscopes that have a bandwidth of up to 100 MHz. This probe has a 10:1 and 1:1 switchable bandwidth, which makes it perfect for use with any scope that falls within this range.
It also boasts high sensitivity, excellent performance and reliable function. Additionally, the probe is fully-shielded and welded together for durability. The BNC connector is also small signal interference resistant and has pure copper plated gold pins for good contact test versatility and capability.
The kit comes equipped with one 10:1 probe tip, one 1:1 switchable probe tip, one alligator clip test line, one test hook test line, one double-headed BNC coaxial line as well as an instruction manual detailing how to use the device effectively. Overall , the Universal Oscilloscope Probe provides users with an essential toolkit when working on oscilloscopy related projects or tests
- High Sensitivity
- Excellent Performance
- Reliable Function
- Fully-Shielded Welded BNC Connector
- Small Signal Interference; Pure Copper Plated Gold Pin for Good Contact Test Versatility and Capability
2. AUKUYEE Updated 2.4″ TFT Digital Oscilloscope Kit with Power Supply and BNC-Clip Cable Probe Q15001 (Assembled Finished Machine)
Oscilloscopes are essential tools in the Electronic Engineer’s toolkit. And one of the best options on the market is AUKUYEE Q150This updated version has increased sensitivity and can be handheld – perfect for workstations with limited space or mobility restrictions.
The design also takes into account your specific needs by having both analog and digital circuits mounted on a single board (mainboard). This makes it easier to maintain and troubleshoot connections, while still providing superior performance. Additionally, the rotary encoder has been added to make parameter adjustment quicker and easier – so you can get down to business faster.
It comes assembled – meaning there are no welding or assembly processes required after purchase which greatly reduces installation time and hassle overall. Lastly, detailed Operation instructions as well as a Troubleshooting guide are provided for ease of use/understanding./ With an oscilloscope like this in your arsenal, you’ll be able to monitor all sorts of signals with precision and accuracy- making sure that your projects run smoothly from start to finish.
- UPGRADED VERSION – The sensitivity of Q15001 has been extended in both directions and is higher and wider. It reaches 5mV/div – 20V/div.
- DESIGNING TO YOUR NEEDS – Display and MCU are mounted on the same board (mainboard) to avoid using inter-board pin-headers. Analog channel is placed on a separate board that contains most user install parts, so the analog and digital circuits can be better separated.
- ROTARY ENCODER – It has been added the rotary encoder, makes parameter adjustment quicker and easier.
- ASSEMBLED FINISHED – AUKUYEE Q15001 oscilloscope is an Assembled finished Machine.,WHAT YOU GET – You will get an assembled oscilloscope, BNC-clip cable and a power pupply
3. 2 in 1 Handheld Oscilloscope Multimeter, New Update Professional LED Oscilloscope Multimeter with 2.5 Msps High Sampling, Automatic Waveform Capture Function,DC/AC Voltage/Current Test
This handheld oscilloscope is equipped with a 2.5Msps high-speed A/D data collecting sensor, making it one of the fastest in its class. This allows you to capture and analyze waveforms at an extremely fast rate, which will improve your work efficiency immensely.
The detecion range covers DC voltage 0 ~ 1000V, AC voltage 0 ~ 750V and DC/AC current 0 ~ 10A. It also has resistance detection up to 40MΩ and capacitance detection up to 100μf. In addition, it can detect frequency up to 5MHZ with a bandwidth of 16MHz. With its easy-to-use software calibration technology, memory calibration coefficients and automatic waveformcapture function, measuring transistors becomes much more accurate than ever before.
Plus, if you need to disable keypress beeps for quiet mode operation (for example when taking measurements near people or other sensitive electronics), just press and hold down the “F4″ button then turn the rotary knob to enable Quiet Mode.(Please note: There is no difference between ET828 & LM2020 except that LM2020 is our updated name) LED backlight” makes it possible for you see what you are measuring even in dark environments while “READO” lets you store measurements on board so that they can be recalled later without having to connect the oscilloscope directly to your computer via USB cable
- 2.5Msps high-speed A/D data collecting
- easy operation
- dedicated Chip
- memory calibration coefficients
- analog broadband range up to: D AC ~ 1MHz
4. Siglent Technologies SDS1104X-E 100Mhz digital oscilloscope 4 channels standard decoder, Grey
The Siglent Technologies SDS1104X-E digital oscilloscope provides you with a comprehensive view of your system or circuit under test. It offers 16 channels (Mso) for capturing signals at different frequencies and amplitudes, as well as 4 channel series only option that allows simultaneous viewing of up to four channels.
Digital signal processing (DSP) has been employed in the design of this instrument to give it superior performance over analog models in terms of noise, jitter, and drift. Both software and hardware options are available for decoding signals including Iic, Spi, Uart/Rs232, Can Lin., which makes it versatile enough for use in a variety of applications such as testing medical equipment or telecommunications systems etc..
Besides its plethora of features and capabilities, another selling point is its sleek design that makes it perfect for use in professional environments where aesthetics matter greatly. The package weight is just 4 kg making transportation easy while providing excellent portability during analysis sessions on the go or when required by customer site visits. The unit comes with an 8 GB SD card that can be used to store captured data files along with user manuals and other relevant documentation so you don’t have to search for them later on when needed during troubleshooting procedures etc…
- Package Weight
- Standard Decoder: Iic, Spi, Uart/Rs232, Can, Lin,16 Digital Channels (Mso) (Four Channel Series Only, Option),Usb Awg Module(Four Channel Series Only, Option)
- Weighs only 4 kg
5. YEAPOOK ADS1014D 2 in 1 Digital Oscilloscope DDS Signal Generator with 2 Channels 100Mhz Bandwidth 1GSa/s Sampling Rate (ADS1014D)
The ADS1014D digital oscilloscope has two channels and a 100 MHz analog bandwidth. This allows you to capture signals with high accuracy and clarity. It also features real-time sampling at 240kbit, which offers great storage capacity for your data.
As mentioned earlier, the oscilloscope is equipped with a signal generator that lets you generate 14 standard signals including sine wave, square wave, triangle wave etcetera [only the frequency can be adjusted]. In addition to this, it also comes with an auto/normal/single trigger mode that makes capturing instantaneous waves easy and straightforward.
There are three modes in total – Auto (which captures everything), Normal (for normal operation) and Single (triggers just one event at a time). Another useful feature of this unit is its ability to intercept whole or part of complex signals from your oscilloscope as the output signal of the signal generator [it can store up to 1000 customized signals].
With Lissajous figure functionality enabled, you can compare and judge amplitude ,frequency and phase differences between groups of signals easily too. All in all, if you are looking for a quality 2-in-1 digital oscilloscope combo then the ADS1014D should definitely be on your list.
- 100 MHz analog bandwidth
- Auto/normal/single 3 trigger modes
- easy to capture instantaneous waveform
- Lissajous figure can be used to compare and judge amplitude, frequency and phase of two groups of signals.
- FFT function can estimate the harmonic component of signals
6. Siglent Technologies SDS1202X-E 200 mhz Digital Oscilloscope 2 Channels, Grey
The Siglent Technologies SDS1202X-E digital oscilloscope is a powerful tool that allows you to capture and analyze real-time signals. It has two channels, each of which can record up to 1 gsa/use.
And with its 14 Mpts recording length, you will be able to capture all the details present in your signal. Additionally, it features standard serial bus triggering and decoding capabilities for easy connection to other devices such as PCs or controllers.
This way, you can monitor and control various processes easily from a single location too. Another great feature of this oscilloscope is its ability to support iic, spi, uart, Rs232 communication protocols among others. So there are no limits when it comes to connecting external devices.
Its design also makes it very user friendly even for beginners who want to get started withoscilloscopes right away without any headaches or difficulties associated with them
- Real-time sampling rate up to 1 gsa/use
- IRecord length up to 14 Mpts
- Standard serial bus triggering and decode
- supports iic, spi, uart, Rs232, can, and lin
7. ICQUANZX Oscilloscope Kit, 2.4″ TFT Handheld Pocket-Size Digital Oscilloscope Kit DIY Parts SMD Soldered Electronic Learning Set 1Msps
The ICQUANZX Oscilloscope Kit is designed as a beginner-friendly training oscilloscope with simple,reliable and inexpensive circuitry. With automatic,regular and one-shot mode, it makes capturing the moment waveform easy.
It also has adjustable vertical displacement for fine tuning measurements or adding different features or developing new applications on the hardware. And thanks to its partially open source MCU design, users can program their own functions onto the device in order to increase its functionality even further.
Overall, this kit provides an excellent value for anyone looking to get started with oscilloscopes without spending too much money upfront on something that may not be reliable or versatile enough later down the line
- Assembled kit
- designed as a training oscilloscope
- Simple,reliable and inexpensive circuit
- With automatic,regular and one-shot mode
- Partially open-sourced
8. Digital Oscilloscope Kit,Aideepen Handheld oscilloscopes with DC/AC Power Supply and BNC-Clip Cable Probe
The handheld oscilloscope is a complete finished product, without welding. It’s easy to operate and carry around, making it the perfect tool for your electronic projects.
You can clearly see the test results on thisoscopes 2.4-inch TFT display and save them as waveforms at any time.(including frequency, period, duty ratio etc.) This oscilloscope has a 5mV/div – 20V/div sensitivity that makes it suitable for conducting secondary development , such as changing it to a millivoltmeter or data logger
- clearly display test results
- 5mV/div – 20V/div high Sensitivity
- Auto/Normal/ Single trigger model
- added the rotary encoder, makes parameter adjustment quicker and easier
- conduct secondary development , for example, it can be changed to Millivoltmeter
9. STARTO Handheld Digital Oscilloscope Kit 2.4” TFT with BNC-Clip Cable Probe and Power Supply
The STARTO SQ15001 oscilloscope is a machine that has been assembled and finished. That means you don’t have to go through the trouble of assembling it yourself.
This will greatly reduce your assembly time and save you some money in the process. It offers an increased sensitivity in both directions–width and height–than other models on the market today.
This makes it easier for you to identify abnormalities or changes in signals, even at a greater distance than before. Additionally, it comes with a rotary encoder that makes parameter adjustment much quicker and easier than ever before–a huge convenience bonus when making measurements or tests.
Not only does this digital oscilloscope come with detailed operation instructions, troubleshooting guide, and schematic, but also includes a 9V power adapter so that you can use it right out of the box without needing to purchase any additional accessories
- 9V power adapter
- detailed Operation instructions, troubleshooting guide and schematic
- sensitivity has been extended in both directions
10. Handheld Digital Oscilloscope 50Mhz Bandwidth with 2 Channels HO52 3.5″TFT Mini Oscilloscope, 2 in 1 Oscilloscope and Multimeter, Backlit Screen, Auto-Calibration Function, Memory Function
This handheld digital oscilloscope is perfect for both professionals and hobbyists. It has a bandwidth of 50MHz and can handle real-time sampling rates up to 250MSa / s.
Additionally, it comes with cursor measurement functions as well as XY function. The scope mode offers users the ability to view waveforms in 1D or 2D format at speeds up to 10000wfms / s.
And when it comes to measuring signals, you can rely on its 4 1/2 digits of the true effective value meter mode which tracks things like voltage, current, resistance etcetera accurately and reliably.
You can also use it for testing voltages (AC/DC), currents (20mA – 100A), diode measurements and more using its auto range feature that helps keep accuracy high no matter what kind of test you are performing..
Lastly, this device supports USB Type-C connectivity so that you can easily transfer data between it and your desktop computer without any issues whatsoever. Overall, if you are looking for an easy-to-use handheld oscilloscope that features great performance then look no further than the HO52 Digital Oscilloscope by
- Scope Mode: The waveform refresh rate is up to 10000wfms / s. Dual channel input, bandwidth up to 50MHZ, real-time sampling rate 250MSa / s, recording length up to 8k dots. Cursor measurement function
- 4.7 kinds of automatic measurement functions
- XY function
- One key automatic setting function, convenient for detecting and debugging.,Meter mode: 4 1/2 digits of the true effective value
- Standard voltage , current , resistance , diode , continuity , capacitance test . 2 Auto range function 、convenient for testing and debugging . 3 The maximum input voltage is AC 750V、DC 1000V.4 Independent multimeter and oscilloscope input .5 Reading the wait function .6 Relative measurement function
What to Look for to Have The Best Oscilloscope Under 500?
There are many things that you need to consider when you are thinking of buying an oscilloscope. It is important to know what features you want in a unit, what is the quality of the oscilloscope, and where you can get one.
There are oscilloscopes that are perfect for beginners to learn and oscilloscopes that are perfect for professionals. If you are the beginner, you might want to go for the first option. If you are a more experienced user, you might want to buy the second option.
What kind of display are you looking at? You might want to look at the oscilloscope with a digital display or analog display. If you are a beginner, you can opt for a digital display. This will help you in seeing the waveform quickly and easily. If you have some experience with using oscilloscopes, you can buy an oscilloscope with an analog display. You will get a much clearer and sharper picture.
How long will the unit run with a battery? Will it work for a full day, or will it run out of power after a few hours? These are the questions you need to ask and answer before you pick a unit.
Oscilloscopes are very expensive. If you want a unit that is going to help you for the rest of your life, you might want to think about spending a couple of thousand dollars.
What People Also Asking About Best Oscilloscope Under 500?
An oscilloscope is a useful tool for most people doing electronics projects. It is a handheld device that you can use to measure the voltage or current on your circuits. This is especially useful for learning about electronics and troubleshooting electrical circuits.
Q: What is an oscilloscope?
A: An oscilloscope is a handheld device that you can use to measure the voltage or current on your circuits. It is a small box with an attached LCD screen. The oscilloscope measures the voltage or current on your circuit, displaying the readings on the screen. It has a variety of options such as frequency, amplitude, and sweep.
Q: How do I use an oscilloscope?
A: You can use an oscilloscope to troubleshoot electrical circuits. For instance, you may use the oscilloscope to determine the voltage or current on a circuit board. You can also use the oscilloscope to determine the frequency of your circuit using the sweep function.
Q: What is the best oscilloscope for beginners?
A: The best oscilloscope for beginners is the Tektronix DPO7000. This is a handheld device that has many functions and is easy to use. The best oscilloscope for beginners is also portable and easy to use.
Q: What is the price of an oscilloscope?
A: You can use an oscilloscope for free if you are learning about electronics. However, you will need to purchase a specific oscilloscope for around $50.
Q: What are the pros and cons of an oscilloscope?
A: The pros of an oscilloscope are the many functions and options you have when using the device. You can use the oscilloscope to measure a wide range of analog or digital signals. In addition, you can measure the frequency, amplitude, and sweep of your circuit. The cons of an oscilloscope are that it is a large device that takes up a lot of space. You may need to buy additional accessories to use the oscilloscope.
Q: What is the best oscilloscope for beginners under $500?
A: The best oscilloscope for beginners under $500 is the Tektronix DPO7000. This oscilloscope is durable, portable, and has many features.
In order to choose the best oscilloscope under 500, you will need to consider a few key factors. First and foremost, you will need to decide what type of instrument you are looking for. There are several options available, including digital oscilloscopes, analog models, and multimeter-type oscilloscopes. Once you have decided on the type of instrument that is right for your needs, it is important to figure out how much money you want to spend. Additionally, you will also need to take into account other factors such as features and durability.